Fresh Water Solutions For Every Tap, with Whole Home Water Filtration Services in Lincoln
From hard water buildup and high utility bills, to poor taste or performance — there’s a whole home water filtration solution for whatever water problem happens in your home.
Because our tap water in Lincoln is primarily a combination of surface water (from sources like the Platte River) and the underground water table, city water quality can sometimes take on the worst of both worlds.
In general, surface water experiences issues that don’t often happen to groundwater sources, and vice versa. With Lincoln’s combination of sources, we get the benefits of steady, dependable water, but at a cost that can sometimes impact the taste and overall water quality from our taps.
Surface water supplies often experience noticeable issues like:
- Cloudy, discolored water
- Unpleasant water smells like sulfur, metals, or chlorine
- Rust colored or blue/green stains or spots
- Stains on laundry, sinks, tubs and more
Groundwater typically causes more problems around the home that can manifest as:
- White, chalky buildup around fixtures
- Hard-to-clean residue
- Overworked appliances, or appliances that need servicing more than normal
- Unpleasant tastes or odors associated with dissolved minerals like iron, calcium, or manganese
Water problems, whether they come from surface water or groundwater, can cause more than just an unpleasant experience at your sink. In many cases, untreated water can be doing unseen damage in your home, from your plumbing to major appliances, and beyond.
Lincoln Water Quality
Depending on where you live in the city, your water may come from a combination of water sources. Some areas, for example, are served by a more groundwater heavy mix, while others may have more surface water in their supply.
Regardless of your geography, the city uses filtration and treatment additives like chlorine to ensure water is safe to drink and use at home. These processes, while keeping water safe, don’t always provide the best, or freshest tasting, water out of the faucet.
Seasonal and environmental changes can also impact how tap water in Lincoln tastes, as events like flooding or drought impact the supply and the intensity of necessary water treatment.
Solutions from Whole Home Water Filtration
Customized for Lincoln’s unique mix of water sources, whole home water filters from Culligan solve water problems specific in our area — from unpleasant taste and odor, to overworked appliances and buildup.
Whole home water treatment ensures your water quality is consistent throughout your house, so the water you drink and use is the highest quality from the bathroom to the laundry room, and everywhere in between.
Our total home water solutions are perfectly suited to address surface water contaminants and concerns, as well as groundwater and hard water problems in Lincoln. Removing hard water minerals and surface water contaminants before they enter your home can improve both water taste and performance — for a difference you’ll notice all over the house.
Whole Home Water Filtration Benefits:
In addition to better-tasting, higher-quality water from every faucet, whole home water filtration:
- Helps you save on utilities by improving major appliance efficiency.
- Protects plumbing and fixtures from hard water buildup.
- Saves you money on personal care and cleaning products like soaps, shampoos, and detergents.
- Helps skin, hair, and nails feel healthier and happier.
- Improves the look and feel of laundry, while helping it last longer and look its best.
- Makes cleaning easier so you don’t have to fight buildup, water spots, and residue.
The Culligan Difference
We’ve served Lincoln and greater Nebraska for over 80 years, and over that time we’ve learned a lot about how to solve the unique water problems all over the city, and the state. This experience helps us diagnose the water in your home so we can find the whole home filter that will work the way you need it to.
- Get the most out of your investment with professional installation and routine maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency for the life of your whole home filter.
- Water tests are always free, and your local Culligan Man will review the results with you to identify water issues, and customize the right solution for your home.
- Culligan of Lincoln is always here to help with questions for service, maintenance, repairs, and more, for worry-free customer service.
- Find the widest selection of hard-working, high-efficiency whole home water filtration systems, customized for your specific water problems.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Whole House Water Filter!
Every liquid has a pH, including your home’s water
- Whether the pH is too high or too low, it can have damaging affects on your water
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains. Culligan has solutions geared towards removing the iron from your water. Find out which solution is right for your home!
Self explanatory, blue and green stains in your tubs and sinks
- Often caused by low pH levels in your water
Water should be clear, if not why would you drink it?
- The only way to find out what’s making your water the wrong color is with a water analysis
- Did you know Culligan offers a Free Water Analysis?
If your laundry is coming out of the washer with stains, it could be your water
- Iron is just one of the possible reasons for your water damaging your clothes
- Don’t ruin your favorite shirt, get your water tested!
Water may smell musty or sometimes described as fishy
- This can be caused by iron and copper in your home’s water
Get your water tested to determine what’s causing your water to smell
Culligan® Whole House Filter Overview
Get cleaner water from every tap, every faucet, and in every room with the Culligan® Total Home Water Conditioner. Our hardworking two-in-one solution provides cleaner, softer Culligan water everywhere you want, with the added benefit of filtering out unpleasant contaminants like chlorine.*
Explore customizable filtration solutions designed to suit all kinds of whole-house needs, from hard water problems like stubborn soap scum and residue, to bitter taste or chlorine odors. A whole-house water filter from Culligan treats your problem water directly at the source, so you enjoy the benefits of cleaner, fresher water from every faucet. Culligan has 80 years of experience with all types of problem water so you can have peace of mind that your family’s water is in good hands with your local Culligan Man®.
Culligan® Whole House Filter Specifications
- Non-corrosive control valve designed to deliver years of reliable service
- ACCUSOFT® Microprocessor offers worry-free operation of your whole-house filter, even in power outages
- Dubl-Safe brine refill valve provides peace of mind during refill
- CUL-FLO-VALV® makes operation easyGuest Cycle recharge option generates an extra supply of filtered water with the touch of a button
- CULLEX® resin provides maximum capacity, stability, and long-lasting operation
- Quadra-Hull® Tank delivers dependable operation thanks to multiple layers of construction
- High-grade quartz underbedding distributes water evenly, maximizing water flow
FAQ About Culligan® Whole House Filter Systems
1. What are the benefits of the Quadra-Hull® tank?
Culligan’s Quadra-Hull® tank is one of the strongest water tanks available on a water softener. The exclusive four-layer construction of the Quadra-Hull® tank provides more protection than industry standard fiberglass and metal tanks. This design makes them impervious to rust and corrosion and they are UV resistant. Culligan's Quadra-Hull® tanks offer a limited lifetime warranty on the tank and internal components.
2. What is filtered water?
Filtered water typically refers to water that has gone through a filtration process to reduce the amount of iron, hydrogen sulfide, aesthetic chlorine taste or odor, as well as microorganisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Water filtration involves separating mineral particles, like particulates, iron, hydrogen sulfide, or organic matter, from the water molecule (H2O). By passing water through a "filter bed," or "media bed," these granular particles are trapped, allowing the cleaner water to pass through.